Carrot salad might sound humble, but it’s anything but. Serve this carrot salad to your friends and family, and they’ll be singing your praises! We know because after we made this at our house, it disappeared within minutes. It’s simple and refreshing, featuring strings of carrots doused in a a tangy Mediterranean-style vinaigrette. Just a handful of ingredients and you have a healthy side dish you won’t want to stop eating. Here’s how to make it!
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, julienned (3 cups)
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar or maple syrup, and kosher salt. Gradually mix in the olive oil.
- Julienne the carrots using a julienne peeler, with the grating blade on a food processor, or using the large grate holes of a box grater (this will do but the pieces aren’t as pretty).
- Thinly slice the green onions. Finely chop the parsley.
- Add all the vegetables to the bowl with the dressing and stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
More carrot recipes
Carrots are a classic veggie that’s always a tasty addition to healthy side dishes. Here are some more standout carrot recipes:
- Carrot Fries Full of big flavor, sprinkled with ranch seasoning and baked until lightly crispy!
- Roasted Broccoli and Carrots This pair has the perfect flavor and color contrast, and they come out tender and browned.
- Carrot Ginger Soup or Simple Carrot Soup This pot of soup tastes like sunshine!
- Perfect Sauteed Carrots or Honey Glazed Carrots The perfect easy side dish, they’re quick, easy and so tasty. Another method? Try them steamed.
- Carrot Juice No juicer needed! It’s easy to whip up this delicious, nutrient filled drink in a blender.
- Perfect Boiled Carrots Go light and breezy with these perfectly seasoned carrots.
- Roasted Carrots or Roasted Carrots and Onions Bake until tender with lemon wedges and thyme.
- Carrot Cake Pancakes Moist and spiced, a healthy spin that’s just sweet enough!