Loaded with black beans and fresh veggies, these lighter vegetarian nachos are perfect as a quick and easy midweek meal or as a starter when entertaining guests.
* 6 x 28g corn tortillas, each cut into 12 wedges
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 1 red onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra to sprinkle
* 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
* 1 large zucchini, chopped
* 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
* 400g can diced tomatoes
* 150g green beans, sliced into 1cm pieces
* 130g (1/2 cup) natural yoghurt
* Fresh coriander, to serve
* Lime wedges, to serve
5 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
Place the tortilla wedges on the prepared trays and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 12-15 minutes, turning once, or until golden and crisp. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, often stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chilli, cumin, and paprika and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the capsicum and zucchini and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until softened slightly.
Add black beans, tomatoes and 80ml (1/3 cup) water to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add the green beans and simmer for 2 minutes or until just tender.
Serve the bean mixture with the tortilla crisps, topped with yoghurt and coriander. Serve with a wedge of lime and sprinkle lightly with paprika if desired.
source – tastecom