Recreate the Chinese takeaway classic at home by raiding the fridge and using whatever veggies you have on hand! We used chicken thigh, but you can also use beef or chicken breast stir fry strips!
– 500g chow mein noodles (see tips)
– 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
– 400g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
– 125ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock
– 60ml (1/2 cup) salt-reduced soy sauce
– 2 tbsp oyster sauce
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1 tbsp cornflour
– 1 small wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shredded
– 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
– 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
– 3 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
4 Method / Steps
Prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, place stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey and corn flour in a jug and stir until combined.
Add wombok, sugar snap peas and carrot to wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add noodles and stock mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until noodles are heated through and the sauce has thickened. Add shallots and toss until combined. Serve.
source – tastecom