Here is a quick and easy twist on the ever-popular classic dessert. Wonderful for entertaining!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 4-6 hrs chill time
– 1 Cappuccino flavoured loaf
– 25ml instant coffee dissolved in 75 ml boiling water
– brown sugar to taste
– 30ml brandy or sweet dessert wine (optional)
– 1 box vanilla instant pudding
– 1 bottle vanilla coffee flavoured milk, chilled (300 ml)
– 1 tub mascarpone cheese (250 g), at room temperature
– 125ml fresh cream
– To finish off: 15 ml cocoa
* Line a standard loaf tin with foil, extending above the sides to serve as a handle to lift the loaf out later.
* Cut the loaf into 8 equal slices, and then each slice in half lengthwise, so you have 16 finger-size lengths the width of the tin. Place half of these in a row down the length of the base of a standard loaf pan.
* Sweeten, then flavour the black coffee with brandy if using. Pour half of this mixture over the cake slices. Do not saturate the cake.
* In a large mixing bowl, beat the instant pudding, cream and flavoured milk together until thickened. Beat in the mascarpone cheese.
* Pour half the filling over the cake. Repeat with the remaining cake and filling to fill the tin completely.
* Chill for at least 4 hours.
* Using the foil liner, lift the loaf out of the pan and peel the foil away from the sides.
* Sieve cocoa powder generously across the top. Slice off 8 portions, using the original cake slice thickness as your guide.
Hints & Tips
For a dinner party, prepare up to Step 7 the day before, so it is as good as ready when you need it.
source – spar