Making a delicious Speedy Beef Massaman Curry is a simple and straightforward process that can be completed in a matter of minutes. Follow this step-by-step guide to make a delicious and flavorful curry that is sure to please.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
To make a Speedy Beef Massaman Curry, you will need the following ingredients: 1 lb of beef, 1 can of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste, 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of ground cloves, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
Step 2: Prepare the Beef
Cut the beef into small cubes and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef cubes. Cook until the beef is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Step 3: Make the Curry Sauce
In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat. Add the Massaman curry paste and stir until combined. Add the onion, bell pepper, fish sauce, brown sugar, and all of the spices. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 4: Combine the Ingredients
Add the cooked beef to the curry sauce and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Step 5: Serve
Serve the Speedy Beef Massaman Curry with steamed rice or naan bread. Enjoy!
How to Make a Quick and Easy Speedy Beef Massaman Curry
Making a Speedy Beef Massaman Curry is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious meal. This dish is a great way to use up any leftover beef you may have in the fridge. Here is a step-by-step guide to making a Speedy Beef Massaman Curry.
First, gather the ingredients you will need. These include: one tablespoon of vegetable oil, one onion, two cloves of garlic, one teaspoon of ground ginger, one teaspoon of ground coriander, one teaspoon of ground cumin, one teaspoon of ground turmeric, one teaspoon of ground cardamom, one teaspoon of ground cinnamon, one teaspoon of ground nutmeg, one teaspoon of ground cloves, one teaspoon of ground black pepper, one teaspoon of salt, one can of coconut milk, one cup of beef stock, one pound of beef, one tablespoon of fish sauce, one tablespoon of brown sugar, one tablespoon of tamarind paste, one cup of potatoes, one cup of carrots, one cup of green beans, and one cup of peanuts.
Next, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add the ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, black pepper, and salt. Stir to combine and cook for one minute.
Add the coconut milk, beef stock, beef, fish sauce, brown sugar, and tamarind paste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans, and peanuts. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Serve the Speedy Beef Massaman Curry with steamed rice and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Making a Speedy Beef Massaman Curry
Making a delicious beef massaman curry can be a time-consuming process, but with a few tips and tricks, you can speed up the process and enjoy a delicious meal in no time.
1. Start by prepping all of your ingredients ahead of time. This includes cutting the beef into cubes, slicing the potatoes, and measuring out the spices. Having everything ready to go before you start cooking will save you time in the long run.
2. Use a pressure cooker to quickly cook the beef and potatoes. Pressure cookers are great for speeding up the cooking process and will help you get dinner on the table in no time.
3. Use pre-made massaman curry paste. This will save you time and effort in having to make your own paste from scratch.
4. Use coconut milk instead of water to give the curry a richer flavor.
5. Add a few tablespoons of fish sauce to the curry for an extra depth of flavor.
6. Serve the curry with steamed jasmine rice for a complete meal.
By following these tips and tricks, you can make a delicious beef massaman curry in no time. Enjoy!
A Guide to the Different Ingredients Used in a Speedy Beef Massaman Curry
Beef Massaman curry is a delicious and flavorful dish that is popular in Thailand. It is a rich and creamy curry that is made with a variety of ingredients, including beef, potatoes, and a variety of spices. To make a speedy beef Massaman curry, you will need the following ingredients:
1. Beef: The main ingredient in a beef Massaman curry is beef. You can use any cut of beef, such as chuck, sirloin, or brisket. Make sure to cut the beef into small cubes so that it cooks quickly.
2. Potatoes: Potatoes are a key ingredient in a beef Massaman curry. They add texture and flavor to the dish. You can use any type of potato, such as russet, Yukon gold, or red potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small cubes so that they cook quickly.
3. Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is used to give the curry its creamy texture. Make sure to use full-fat coconut milk for the best results.
4. Massaman Curry Paste: Massaman curry paste is a blend of spices that gives the curry its unique flavor. It is usually made with a combination of lemongrass, galangal, garlic, shallots, cumin, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chili peppers.
5. Fish Sauce: Fish sauce is used to add a salty and umami flavor to the curry.
6. Brown Sugar: Brown sugar is used to balance out the flavors of the curry.
7. Lime Juice: Lime juice is used to add a bit of acidity to the curry.
8. Peanuts: Peanuts are used to add a crunchy texture to the curry.
9. Fresh Herbs: Fresh herbs, such as cilantro and Thai basil, are used to add a fresh flavor to the curry.
By following this guide and using these ingredients, you can make a delicious and speedy beef Massaman curry. Enjoy!