This easy rice bake is doused in a salty-sweet sauce and topped with tender scotch fillet steak – and on the table in just 35 minutes.
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
– 3 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
– 300g (1 1/2 cups) long-grain white rice
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 500ml (2 cups) Massel Stock Chicken Style
– 60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
– 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
– 350g beef scotch fillet steak, excess fat trimmed, thinly sliced
– 150g snow peas, halved lengthways
– 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
– 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
3 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a 20 x 30cm flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add the capsicum, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Add the rice. Stir until coated. Add the sugar, stock, 80ml (1/3 cup) water and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Cover the dish with foil. Bake for 25 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is cooked.
Meanwhile, place the cornflour in a bowl. Add the beef and toss until coated. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, turning, for 3 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a bowl.
Cook the snow peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds or until tender-crisp. Drain. Stir the beef, snow peas and remaining soy sauce through the rice mixture. Top with shallot and sesame seeds to serve.
source – tastecom