If you haven’t tried avocado egg salad then it’s time you enjoy egg salad in a whole new way. A simple nutrition rich ingredient such as avocado with the addition of lemon, salt, pepper and your favorite herbs works wonders and adds much-needed flavor and zest to the typical egg salad. Play around with the herbs and use parsley, dill or chives or use my personal favorite, cilantro, and enjoy a wholesome flavor-packed dish.
It’s packed full of fiber thanks to the avocado and is great if you are on a low-carb, paleo or keto diet or if you simply want a healthy salad. Because avocado is naturally creamy in texture, you won’t need as much mayo to make it creamy. A few tablespoons of Greek yogurt or sour-cream go a long way in making this salad creamy!
- 1 medium avocado pitted and peeled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt sour-cream or light mayonnaise will also work
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro parsley, dill or chives will also work
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
In Medium bowl, Add avocados and mash with a spoon until chunky. Add the remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon until creamy.
Serve on whole-grain toast or enjoy with toasted pita chips.