Make weekends delicious with this choc chip pumpkin bread that is perfect for afternoon tea. If there are any leftovers slices (who are we kidding), they make the perfect lunch box filler.
– 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
– 1 cup (220g) brown sugar
– 1 cup (250g) mashed pumpkin
– 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
– 150g butter, melted
– 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
– 2/3 cup (130g) dark choc chips
– 1/2 cup (55g) chopped walnuts
– Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), to sprinkle
– Chopped walnuts, extra, to sprinkle
– Dark choc chips, extra, to sprinkle
3 Method / Steps
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease the base and sides of a 10cm x 24cm loaf pan and line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the pumpkin, buttermilk, butter and eggs in a bowl until well combined. Add to the flour mixture with the choc chips and walnut. Stir until combined. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the pepitas, extra walnut and extra choc chips.
Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
source – tastecom