5 Delicious Beef Main Dish Recipes for a Crowd
1. Slow Cooker Pot Roast: This classic dish is sure to please a crowd. Start by seasoning a large chuck roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast in a slow cooker and add a can of beef broth, a can of diced tomatoes, a chopped onion, and a few cloves of garlic. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and a side of vegetables.
2. Beef Stroganoff: This creamy dish is a crowd pleaser. Start by browning a pound of ground beef in a large skillet. Add a diced onion and cook until softened. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a cup of sour cream, and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.
3. Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry: This flavorful dish is sure to be a hit. Start by marinating a pound of flank steak in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the steak. Cook until browned. Add a bag of frozen broccoli and stir fry until cooked through. Serve over steamed rice.
4. Beef Enchiladas: This Mexican-inspired dish is sure to be a hit. Start by browning a pound of ground beef in a large skillet. Add a can of diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, and a packet of taco seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes. Place a spoonful of the beef mixture in the center of a flour tortilla and roll up. Place the enchiladas in a baking dish and top with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Beef Burgundy: This French-inspired dish is sure to be a hit. Start by browning a pound of stew beef in a large skillet. Add a can of beef broth, a can of diced tomatoes, a cup of red wine, and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 1 hour. Serve over egg noodles.
How to Make the Perfect Beef Stew: Tips and Tricks for a Delicious Meal
Beef stew is a classic comfort food that is sure to please the whole family. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can make the perfect beef stew that is sure to be a hit. Here are some tips and tricks for making the perfect beef stew.
1. Choose the right cut of beef. For the best beef stew, choose a cut of beef that is well-marbled with fat, such as chuck roast or stew beef. This will ensure that the beef is tender and flavorful.
2. Brown the beef. Browning the beef in a hot skillet before adding it to the stew will help to seal in the flavor and give the stew a richer flavor.
3. Use the right vegetables. The vegetables you choose for your stew will depend on your personal preference, but some classic choices include potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions.
4. Use a flavorful broth. Beef broth is the classic choice for beef stew, but you can also use chicken broth or vegetable broth for a different flavor.
5. Simmer the stew. Simmering the stew slowly over low heat will help to bring out the flavors of the ingredients and ensure that the beef is tender.
6. Add herbs and spices. Adding herbs and spices such as thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and garlic will give the stew a delicious flavor.
7. Let the stew rest. Letting the stew rest for at least 10 minutes before serving will allow the flavors to meld together and give the stew a richer flavor.
By following these tips and tricks, you can make the perfect beef stew that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!