Get ready for Spring with these delicious Spring Rolls. Super simple and great as part of a cocktail platter.
PREP TIME: 40 minutes
COOKING TIME: 8-12 minutes
– 15ml sunflower oil
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 500g chicken mince
– 1 sachet of cream of chicken soup
– 30ml Thai green curry paste
– 30ml sweet chilli sauce
– 1 carrot, peeled and grated
– 60ml fresh coriander, chopped
– 1 x 300g pack spring roll pastry
– Oil for frying
FOR THE SWEET CHILLI MAYO
– 125ml mayonnaise
– 60ml sweet chilli sauce
* Heat 15ml oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft.
* Add the chicken mince and cook, stirring to break up the lumps.
* Stir in the contents of the sachet of cream of chicken soup, Thai green curry paste, sweet chilli sauce and carrots.
* Allow cooking for a further 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally then remove from the heat, stir the coriander through and allow to cool.
* Place a sheet of spring roll pastry onto a clean work surface. Spoon about two tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the corner of the pastry closest to you.
* Brush the corners and edges with water to seal.
* Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, folding in the sides as you go.
* Heat oil in a wok or pan and fry the spring rolls in batches until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Serve immediately.
* To make the sweet chilli mayo, combine the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.
Hints & Tips
* These spring rolls make super party food. They can be made and frozen before you fry them. Remove from freezer and cook from frozen.
source – spar