Typically iced tea is enjoyed as a refresher in summer. However, as winter approaches, the idea can be adapted and enjoyed as a warming drink alternative to hot chocolate or coffees.
PREP TIME: 6 minutes
3 Organic Honeybush tea bags
0.5ml spice blend *
600ml boiling water
30ml castor sugar
375ml apple juice
25ml lemon juice
*SPICE BLEND: Combine 7 ml ground cinnamon, 10 ml ground nutmeg, 2 ml ground ginger and 1 ml ground cloves. Store in a small jar in the fridge.
* Place the tea bags and spice blend in a large teapot; pour on the boiling water. Cover and set aside for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the castor sugar and stir to dissolve.
* Briefly warm the three fruit juices together and stir them into the tea.
* Pour into heat-proof mugs or suitable glasses with handles, and serve.
Hints & Tips
* castor sugar may be substituted with SPAR honey to your taste.
Other suitable uses for the Spice Blend could be to
* sprinkle over or include in butternut muffin or carrot cake mixes,
* include in chicken breadcrumb coating mixes, or,
* lightly dust over Dom Pedro’s.
source – spar