Learn how to make dumplings the easy way with this Asian pork dumpling recipe, complete with a spicy ginger soy dipping sauce.
* 250g Coles Australian Pork Mince
* 1 cup finely shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
* 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
* 3cm-piece ginger, finely grated
* 2 tbsp oyster sauce
* 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
* 25 wonton wrappers
* 3 tsp sesame oil
* 3/4 cup(185ml) chicken stock
* 5cm-piece ginger, extra, peeled, cut into matchsticks
* 2 tbsp light soy sauce
* 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
* 1 tsp chilli sauce (optional)
* 1 tsp caster sugar
3 Method / Steps
Combine the mince, wombok, garlic, grated ginger, oyster sauce and two-thirds of the spring onion in a bowl. Season. Place the wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Place 11/2 tsp of the mince mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with a little water. Bring corners together to enclose the filling and pinch the centres to seal.
Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Remove from heat. Arrange half the dumplings over the base of the pan. Cook over medium heat for 2 mins or until bases are golden brown. Pour over half the stock. Cover. Cook for 2-3 mins or until the dumplings are cooked through. Repeat with 1 tsp oil and remaining dumplings and stock.
Combine the ginger matchsticks, soy sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, if using, sugar, remaining spring onion and remaining oil in a small bowl. Serve with dumplings.
source – Allrecipes