Combining two South African dessert favourites, it just has to be a winner!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 6 hours freezing time
– 500g vanilla custard
– 3 egg yolks
– 250ml icing sugar
– 5ml vanilla essence
– 3 egg whites
– 250ml cream
– 100g coconut biscuits, broken into bite-size pieces
– Cinnamon to dust
1. Mix the custard, egg yolks, icing sugar and vanilla essence together.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. In a separate bowl beat the cream and fold the custard mixture together in with the beaten egg whites. Lastly, fold in the chopped biscuits.
4. Pour into a suitable container. Dust with cinnamon and place in a deep freeze for about 6 hours or until it has frozen.
5. Scoop into balls using an ice-cream scoop. Serve sprinkled with extra cinnamon.
Hints & Tips
Change the ice-cream flavour to cream cheese ice-cream by substituting the vanilla custard with 250g SPAR plain cream cheese.
source – spar