Enjoy a breakfast that is good for you, easy to prepare and looks and tastes a million dollars!
PREP TIME – 10 minutes
COOKING TIME – 15 minutes
SERVES – 4-6
Whole Wheat English Muffins
180g Cherry Tomatoes
6 slices thin pancetta
Shavings of Marksbury Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano
2 tablespoons (30 ml) Extra Virgin Olive oil
Freshly chopped chives
8 large Eggs
60ml Fat-Free milk
Salt and Black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons (10 ml) Sunflower or Olive oil
* Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
* Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the egg mixture.
* Allow the egg to start setting before stirring too much. Then gently stir the egg with an egg lifter, to ensure that all the raw egg is cooked. Don’t over-mix the eggs and don’t make the pan too hot. Reduce heat if necessary.
* Gently stir scrambled eggs until just cooked.
* Place a slice of toasted muffin on each individual plate. Top each slice with scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes and a piece of pancetta. Garnish with chopped chives, shaved parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
Hints & Tips
Try serving the scrambled egg on Rye Bread or Whole-wheat Bread instead of English Muffins. You can also use Lean Bacon which has been crisped up under the grill instead of Pancetta.
source – Spar