Just the most perfect warm starter for a dinner party, or even as a light meal.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
* Sweet Chilli & Cheese bread (or sliced and toasted SPAR Freshline Pumpkin Seed 100% Rye loaf)
* 25ml butter
* 5 spring onions, finely chopped
* 2ml crushed garlic
* 1ml crushed ginger
* 2ml crushed chilli
* 8 1 tub Olive & Feta Flavoured low fat cream cheese (175 g)
* 1 punnet white sliced mushrooms (250 g)
* onion or beetroot sprouts, or fresh herbs of choice to garnish
– Remove the plastic outer packaging and bake the bread in its foil wrapper, using the on-pack instructions.
– Prepare the mushrooms during the 10 minute baking time:
– Gently sauté the spring onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and mushrooms together in the heated butter.
– Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
– Open the foil parcel, and slice the loaf slices right through. Place 2 – 3 slices flat and close to one another on each warmed serving plate.
– Spoon a generous portion of mushrooms onto each bread slice, and top with a spoonful of cream cheese. Garnish with sprouts or fresh herbs.
– Serve immediately while still warm.
Hints & Tips
These are great served as a side dish with a soup such as butternut or a tomato soup.
source – Spar