Muffins are always a winner, for teatime, lunchboxes or after-school snacks. Try incorporating pumpkin and spices, for a natural form of sweetness, flavour and goodness.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
SERVES: Yields 8
– 200g Veg for Two, butternut (1 pouch)
– 50ml canola oil
– 125ml brown sugar
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 75ml milk
– 250ml cake flour
– 20ml baking powder
– 90g instant butterscotch pudding mix (1 box)
– Pinch salt
– 7ml ground cinnamon
– 2ml ground ginger
– 2ml mixed spice
* Pre-heat oven to 180º C. Position muffin paper cases in a muffin pan.
* Microwave the butternut as per on-pack instructions. Tip the cooked butternut into a mixing bowl and mash well.
* Stir in the oil, sugar, eggs and milk.
* Add the remaining ingredients, mixing gently to a smooth batter.
* Divide evenly between the greased muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes.
Hints & Tips
* These can be frozen, thawed and warmed as required. Mashed pumpkin can be substituted for the butternut.
Source – spar