Try these crisp fritters dipped in a creamy syrup sauce and dusted with cinnamon.
DIFFICULTY – Medium
PREP TIME – 10 minutes
COOKING TIME – 10 minutes
SERVES – Makes 8-10 fritters
1 cup (250ml) cooked butternut
½ cup (125ml) cake flour
1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
3 cups sunflower oil for frying
2 tsp (10ml) cinnamon
FOR THE SAUCE
¼ cup (60ml) syrup
¼ cup (60ml) sour cream
* For the fritters, mix all the ingredients together well.
* If it’s a tad too thick add a splash of milk; if it’s too thin add a sprinkle of extra flour.
* Heat a pan with about 2 – 3cm of oil.
* As soon as the oil is hot enough (test it by dropping a little batter into the oil and if it bubbles immediately it’s ready) add about 2 Tbsp batter per fritter and cook for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Don’t let the oil get too hot. If you have a thermometer, 160C is the ideal heat.
* To make the sauce mix the syrup and sour cream.
* Drizzle over the fritters and dust with cinnamon.
Source – Spar