Try something a bit different for this trifle. It makes a wonderful “Christmas in July” dessert. It’s also very simple to put together but impressive to serve.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
– 1 – 2 packets mini Swiss rolls
– 60ml sherry or brandy (optional)
– 1 pack Quick & Easy cheesecake
– 2 packets jelly (cherry or strawberry flavour)
– 250ml frozen berries
– 250ml SPAR fresh cream
– Chocolate flake
1. Slice the mini Swiss rolls into small rounds, each approximately 1cm thick. Arrange on the sides and base of a glass serving dish. Sprinkle with sherry or brandy if using.
2. Make up the cheesecake mix by pouring 480ml of cold water into a bowl. Add the cheesecake mix and whip with an electric beater on slow until just combined and then on high for 4 – 5 minutes. Pour over the Swiss roll circles and place them in the fridge while you prepare the jelly.
3. Make up the two jellies with 500ml of boiling water. Stir until dissolved then add the frozen fruit and 200ml of cold water. Allow cooling completely before pouring over the cheesecake mixture.
4. Place in the fridge to set.
5. Decorate just before serving with whipped cream, chocolate flake and meringues.
Hints & Tips
Decorate with the meringues just before serving so that they don’t go soft.
Source – Spar